ROASTED AUBERGINE AND TOMATO STEW
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 medium aubergines cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes (330g)
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 14 oz can chick peas drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tablespoon tomato puree
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- 2 teaspoon mixed herbs
- 1 handful parsley chopped
Pre-heat the oven to 400°F(200°C).Place the cut aubergine into a baking dish and drizzle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and season with salt. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes until soft.
In the meantime, heat the remaining 1 tablespoon oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft—then add in the mixed herbs, tomato puree, and cook for another 2 minutes.
Next, add in the chopped tomatoes,vinegar, chickpeas, and cherry tomatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and continue simmering until the aubergine is ready.
Once the aubergine is soft, add into the tomato sauce and mix well. Serve with rice and chopped parsley.
Calories: 260kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 10gFat: 9g