Just because you’ve changed your diet doesn’t mean you have to give up desserts entirely! People who can’t eat gluten, meat, or dairy (and those who choose not to) should still be able to enjoy life’s greatest pleasures: cookies!
This simple vegan oat cookie recipe is easy to make and requires little effort on your part. The oat flour is excellent for gluten intolerance and brings a nutty flavor and tender texture to the cookie batter. Almond meal is made from raw almonds and adds a nice moisture to baked goods. Don’t forget to include the baking powder to help lighten the cookies and make them more fluffy!
This recipe will only take you about fifteen minutes to prepare and twenty minutes to bake. Remember to let the cookies cool slightly before you start eating them (although I can’t blame you for trying to eat them right out of the oven!). It yields about a dozen cookies, depending on how large you make them, and are about 166 calories per serving. You’ll get 18 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, 9 grams of fat, and absolute happiness with every cookie you eat!
Please show me how your cookies turned out by posting about it on your socials and tagging me @jennyleeisme. If you have any questions about the recipe or are having trouble baking, let us know in the comments, and we can try to solve them together. Ovens can be pretty temperamental, so it might take you some trial and error until you get it perfect. Either way, you’re in for a delightful treat when you make these simple vegan oat cookies!
SIMPLE VEGAN OAT COOKIES
- 2 cups 2 cups (180g) oats
- 1 cup oat flour (100g)
- ⅝ cup almond meal (70g)
- 6 tablespoon maple syrup
- 4 tablespoon coconut oil melted
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- Preheat oven to 360°F(180°C)and line a baking tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, mix the oats, flour, almond meal, baking powder, and a pinch of salt. Add in maple syrup and coconut oil,mix well until combined.
- Using slightly wet hands, create 12 balls out of the mixture and place them on the baking tray and push them down to create cookies shapes.
- Bake for 20 minutes until golden and allow to cool before eating.