LEMON & BERRY CHEESECAKE
For the crust:
- ½ cup desiccated coconut (40g)
- 1 cup walnuts (100g), chopped
- 12 medjool dates pinch of salt
For the lemon layer:
- 2 cups cashews (230g), soaked for 4 hours or overnight
- 1 cup coconut cream (240ml)
- 4 tbsp. coconut oil soft
- ½ cup maple syrup (120ml)
- zest of 1 lemon
- juice of 1 lemon juice
- pinch of salt
For the berry layer:
- 1 cup red berries (150g), frozen
- 2 tbsp. chia seeds
- 2 tbsp. lemon juice
- 2 tbsp. maple syrup
- Place all the crust ingredients into a food processor and blitz until sticky paste forms. Transfer the crust into a cake tin or spring form pan and press evenly to form the bottom layer. Place the tin in the freezer while you make the other layers.
- Drain the cashews and pat dry with a kitchen towel. Place all the lemon layer ingredients in a food processor and puree until smooth. Spread over the crust and return into the freezer.
- Prepare the last berry layer. Place all ingredients in the food processor and puree until smooth. Spread over the top of the cheesecake only when the lemon layer has set completely. Garnish with additional berries (optional). Return to the freezer and freeze until set.
- Remove the cheesecake from the freezer for about 20 minutes before serving.
Calories: 297kcalCarbohydrates: 30gProtein: 5gFat: 19g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!