If there is anything difficult to give up in this world as a vegan, it would have to be Nutella. The chocolate hazelnut spread is so heavenly I could eat it on its own, straight out of the jar. The chocolate goodness is too delicious to ignore, so I’ve created this vegan Nutella recipe to help us all out! You can now enjoy the taste of chocolate-smeared bread without having to consume animal products.
This Nutella spread dish has 119 calories and provides you with 7 grams of carbohydrates, 3 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat per serving. However, nutrition content isn’t as important when it comes to chocolate and hazelnuts!
It only takes ten minutes until you have a vegan version of Nutella, which makes me wonder why I didn’t do this a long time ago! You only need to blend the ingredients and add the vegan milk until you reach a desired butter-like consistency--it’s that easy! Just in case you don’t eat it all in one sitting, you can keep it in the fridge for up to five days as long as it’s in an airtight container. Try using a glass mason jar to seal it properly!
Give this recipe a try and comment below whether you enjoyed it or not. Your friends and family will love the taste of it--even picky kids will enjoy it over the store-bought Nutella! Making it yourself allows you to have complete control over the ingredients and nutrition content, which should ease your mind about consuming so much chocolate and sugars! Don’t forget to tag me @jennyleeisme in any photos that you post of your attempts at my recipes!
- 2 cups roasted hazelnuts (240g)
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 4 tablespoon cocoa powder
- 4 tablespoon maple syrup
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon coconut oil
- ½ cup hazelnut milk (or almond) (120ml)
- Place the roasted hazelnuts in a high-speed blender and blend until ground to tiny pieces.
- Add in the rest of the ingredients and blitz again until smooth. You will need to scrape down the edges a few times during this process.Add in additional milk if required to reach a butter-like texture.