SPICY CAULIFLOWER & CHICKPEA RICE BOWL
- 1 medium cauliflower broken into florets
- 14 oz can chickpeas (400g) drained
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 3 cups rice cooked
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 2 tbsp tamari
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp fresh ginger minced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tsp sesame oil
- 2 green onions chopped
- ¼ cup peanuts (30g) chopped
- Preheat oven to 230°C(450°F)and prepare a baking dish or tray.
- Break the cauliflower into bite-size florets and place them on the tray along with drained chickpeas. Drizzle with olive oil and season to taste with sea salt and pepper—bake in the oven for 20 minutes.
- In the meantime, prepare the sauce by mixing all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once cauliflower and chickpeas are roasted, remove from oven and mix with the earlier prepared sauce.
- Increase the oven temperature to broil, return the tray into the oven and cook for about another 5 minutes.
- Remove from the oven divide between bowls and serve with a portion of rice.
Calories: 380kcalCarbohydrates: 57gProtein: 13gFat: 11g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!