GREEK CHICKPEAS ON TOAST
- 2 tsp. olive oil
- 2 shallots,diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1/2 tsp. smoked paprika
- 1/2 tsp. sweet paprika
- 1/2 tsp. brown sugar
- 1 can chopped tomatoes (14oz./400g)
- 1 can chickpeas,drained (14oz./400g)
- 4 slices bread,toasted
- handful parsley,to garnish
- ⅓ cup olives,halved, to garnish (60g)
- Heat the olive oil over medium-high heat on a medium pan. Add shallots and cook for 2-3 minutes, then add garlic and cook for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add all the spices to the pan and mix well. Next add in the chopped tomatoes and 2 tbsp. of water. Simmer on low-medium heat until the sauce has reduced, around 10 minutes.
- Mix in the drained chickpeas, season with salt, sugar and black pepper and cook for another 5 minutes until warmed through.
- Serve on the toasted bread with parsley and black olives.
Calories: 253kcalCarbohydrates: 33gProtein: 11gFat: 8g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!