If you’ve been trying to get your kids to eat more green vegetables without success, this is the dish for you! This dip is perfect for any of your picky kids who refuse to eat their peas. You can even get your adult friends who hate veggies to eat this and enjoy it! They won’t even realize that it’s made with green peas--it’s that delicious!
The color alone is pretty enough to appreciate, but the flavor profile pairs perfectly with sliced vegetables or crackers--it’ll be gone within minutes of setting on the table. Make sure you prepare a large enough batch when sharing it with friends!
On its own, this dip is about 92 calories and gives you 11 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, and 4 grams of fat. Since the ingredient list is simple, you don’t have to feel guilty when you eat everything in one sitting. You just can’t help it when something is as delicious as this!
Add in the tablespoons of cold water gradually so you can quickly achieve your desired consistency. Once it’s finished, try topping it with some mint leaves, pine nuts, and a toss of some paprika or chili peppers to add a bit of a kick.
If there was ever a dish to take a picture and post about it, it’s this one! Remember to tag me @jennyleeisme whenever you do so that I can see your version of this recipe. You can pin this recipe and share it with your friends. Let me know in the comments how it went and whether you convinced your family to love green peas!
GREEN PEA & MINT DIP
- 1⅔ cups green peas frozen, (250g)
- 1 clove garlic
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- ½ avocado
- 2-3 sprigs fresh mint leaves only
- Place frozen peas in a bowl and cover with boiling water. Let them stand for a few minutes until defrosted, then drain and transfer to a food processor or high speed blender.
- Add in the garlic, lemon juice,avocado, mint leaves, and season with salt and pepper. Blend until smooth. Add 1-2 tablespoon of cold water if the dip is too thick. Taste and adjust seasoning to your taste.
- Serve as a dip with fresh vegetables,crisps, crackers or pita.