ROASTED AUBERGINE AND TOMATO STEW
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 medium aubergines cut into bite size pieces
- 2 cup cherry tomatoes (330g)
- 14 oz can chopped tomatoes (400g)
- 14 oz can chick peas drained
- 1 medium onion chopped
- 2 cloves garlic chopped
- 4 tbsp tomato puree
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 2 tsp mixed herbs
- 1 handful parsley chopped
- Pre-heat the oven to 400°F(200°C).Place the cut aubergine into a baking dish and drizzle with 1 tbsp. olive oil and season with salt. Cook in the oven for 40 minutes until soft.
- In the meantime, heat the remaining 1 tbsp. oil in a large skillet over medium heat.
- Add the onion and garlic, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 5-6 minutes until soft—then add in the mixed herbs, tomato puree, and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Next, add in the chopped tomatoes,vinegar, chickpeas, and cherry tomatoes. Bring to boil, then reduce heat and continue simmering until the aubergine is ready.
- Once the aubergine is soft, add into the tomato sauce and mix well. Serve with rice and chopped parsley.
Calories: 260kcalCarbohydrates: 34gProtein: 10gFat: 9g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!