This easy-to-make recipe combines two of my favorite meals: quinoa and tabbouleh! If you have never had tabbouleh, it’s a Mediterranean salad made with finely chopped parsley, vegetables, mint, and olive oil. It’s light and refreshing, with so much flavor packed in such small bites. You can eat it with pita chips, lettuce leaves, or some falafel.
Quinoa is a healthy grain choice that gives you more protein and fiber than white rice, keeping you full for longer with fewer calories. Remember to take a fork and fluff up the quinoa after cooking to give it a light and airy texture. Please wait for it to fully cool before you mix it in the salad bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.
The best part about this quinoa tabbouleh is that it can serve as a side dish or star as the main entree. This recipe makes four servings at 272 calories, providing you with 42 grams of carbohydrates, 8 grams of protein, and 10 grams of fat. You can always add other ingredients to increase the protein count. This meal takes just under half an hour to prepare and makes enough for four servings. If you have any leftovers, you can store them in the refrigerator for up to three days--just make sure to use a covered container!
Leave a comment letting me know how your tabbouleh turned out, and take a picture to commemorate it! You can tag me @jennyleeisme to show me! Share this recipe with your friends and family, too, so they can enjoy it as well!
VEG & TAHINI TRAY BAKE
- 1 onion sliced
- 1 zucchini sliced
- 1 red bell pepper sliced
- 1 cup chickpeas (256g) drained
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 3 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon juice only
- 3 tablespoon almond milk
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds
- handful coriander chopped
- Preheat oven to 190°C(375°F).
- Place the chopped vegetables in a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and season with salt and pepper. Mix well and cook in the oven for 35 minutes or until vegetables are cooked.
- In a small bowl, mix the tahini, lemon juice, milk, and sesame seeds, then set aside.
- Once vegetables are cooked, mix them with the tahini sauce and serve with fresh coriander.