SWEET POTATO, QUINOA & BEAN BURGER
- 1 sweet potato
- ⅓ cup quinoa raw quinoa (60g)
- 14 oz can kidney beans drained (400g)
- 1 tsp rosemary
- •½ tsp chilli flakes
- 1 ½ tsp olive oil
- Preheat oven to 410°F(210°C)and cut the sweet potato into ¾ inch (2 cm) pieces. Place it in an ovenproof dish, drizzle with ½ tbsp. olive oil and season with salt & pepper,rosemary, and chilli flakes. Bake for 25-30 minutes.
- Once potatoes are cooked, allow them to cool slightly. Then peel off the skin, place in a bowl, and mash the flesh with a fork. Add in the drained beans and also mash with a fork.
- Cook quinoa according to instructions on the packaging. Once cooked, transfer to the mashed beans and potato, season with salt & pepper, and mix well.
- Using slightly wet hands, form 4 burger sand grease each one with the remaining olive oil. Place on a baking tray lined with tin foil and bake for 20-25 minutes in 410°F (210°C).
Calories: 171kcalCarbohydrates: 22gProtein: 5gFat: 6g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!