I’m sure you’ve had roasted potatoes with rosemary or parmesan, but have you ever had it with miso paste? I’m literally obsessed over this sauce and will drizzle it over anything and everything. It’s spicy, tangy, and sweet–all at the same time!
Miso is a Japanese paste made from fermented soybeans, which brings a deep umami flavor to dishes thanks to its aromatic and rich complexities. There are typically three types of miso: white, yellow, and red. The darker the color, the longer it has been fermenting and, therefore, deeper the flavor. White miso is sweet and mild, perfect for dressings and marinades.
This recipe takes nearly forty minutes to prepare, but you’re really just spending most of that time waiting for the sweet potatoes to cook. Your oven might be different than mine, so keep watch around the thirty-minute mark, so you don’t overcook your potatoes.
You’ll get four servings with this recipe at 220 calories each. The potatoes provide about 38 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, and 6 grams of fat with every serving. Sweet potatoes are great vegetables because they are high in vitamin A and potassium and help improve your heart health.
If you enjoyed this recipe, post a picture of your result and tag me @jennyleeisme. Let us know how it went in the comments below or whether you made any alterations to it! Don’t forget to pin this recipe to save it for later and share it amongst your friends and family!
ROASTED MISO POTATOES
- 21 oz sweet potato (600g)
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- handful coriander chopped
- 2 tbsp almonds chopped
For the sauce
- 2 tbsp white MISO paste
- 1 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tbsp sriracha
- 1 tbsp soy yogurt
- Preheat oven to 425°F(220°C).
- Wash the potatoes and cut them into wedges. Place them on a baking tray and drizzle with olive oil. Season with salt & pepper. Cook for 30 minutes or until soft and charred.
- In the meantime, combine all the sauce ingredients in a small bowl.
- Once potatoes are cooked, arrange them on a serving dish, drizzle with the sauce and top with chopped almonds and coriander.