RED SWEET POTATO CURRY
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 white onion diced
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 4 tbsp Thai red curry paste
- 2 sweet potatoes peeled and diced
- 14 oz tomatoes (400g) can be chopped
- 1 cup vegetable stock (240ml)
- ¼ cup smooth natural peanut butter (65g)
- ½ cup canned coconut milk (120ml) light
- juice of 1 time
- 3 cup peanuts chopped (30g)
- 3 cup white rice cooked (480g)
- 1 handful coriander chopped
- Heat the coconut oil over medium heat in large pan. Add the onion and cook for around 5 minutes until soft.
- Next add the garlic and red curry paste and stir well. Add the sweet potatoes, chopped tomatoes, vegetable broth, and season with salt and pepper. Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 to 35 minutes until the sweet potatoes are tender.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the peanut butter and coconut milk. Pour into the pan and stir well to combine.
- Remove from the heat, squeeze in lime juice, mix well and serve with the cooked rice. Garnish with the chopped peanuts and coriander.
Calories: 459kcalCarbohydrates: 62gProtein: 13gFat: 18g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!