Potatoes are pretty much the best vegetable to exist: they’re incredibly versatile, tasty, and nutritious. They can be incorporated as a side or used as the main entree itself. If you love potatoes just as much as I do, you should try my potato and sundried tomato salad! It’s made with oil and vinegar, creating a light dressing that doesn’t feel overpowering or heavy.
This potato salad is light and refreshing, perfect for warm summer days when you don’t want to add mayo and have a creamy consistency. The recipe takes about thirty minutes total to prepare and yields four servings. Each serving is 161 calories, giving you 17 grams of carbohydrates, 4 grams of protein, and 9 grams of fat.
Don’t forget to add salt to the water when boiling the potatoes! Make sure you cook them for about twenty minutes, careful not to overcook them. You should be able to poke them easily with a fork without smashing them. Rinse the potatoes under cold water to cool down so you can peel them. You might have to wait about five minutes until they’re cool enough to handle.
You can find sundried tomatoes at every grocery store, either canned or in a glass jar. They provide a ton of flavor in just a tiny amount and complement the green olives and capers to create a savory taste.
You can ultimately elevate this dish if you add some chopped rosemary to the potatoes, as well! It also adds a lovely aesthetic for when you take pictures of the finished dish. Tag me @jennyleeisme in your posts so I can see how your version of this potato and sundried tomato salad turned out!
POTATO & SUNDRIED TOMATO SALAD
- 1 lb. baby potatoes (450g)
- ½ cup green olives,halved (90g)
- ½ cup sundried tomatoes drained,roughly chopped. (70g)
- 2 tablespoon capers drained handful chives,chopped
- 1 tablespoon oil from sundried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
- Place the potatoes in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil, lower the heat and simmer for about 20 minutes. Once cooked, drain and rinse in cold water. Once slightly cooled, peel, halve and place them in a bowl.
- Add in the olives, sundried tomatoes,capers, and chives. Next, mix the oil for the tomatoes, mustard, and apple cider vinegar and drizzle over the salad. Season to taste with salt and pepper,mix well and serve.