- 2 aubergine medium
- 2 cloves garlic crushed
- 1 lemon juiced
- 4 tbsp. .tahini
- 2 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. ground cumin
- paprika smoked
- 1 tbsp. parsley chopped
- Preheat the oven to 450°F(230°C).Line a large baking tray with baking paper.
- Halve the aubergines lengthwise and brush the cut sides lightly with olive oil. Place them in the prepared tray with the halved sides down, roasting them for 35-40 minutes until the flesh is very tender
- Once aubergines are cooked, set them aside to cool, then scoop out the flesh with a spoon, discarding the skin.
- Place the flesh on a sieve and leave for a bit (the longer, the better) to allow all the excess liquid to drain away.
- Place the flesh in a bowl, add the garlic, lemon juice, tahini, olive oil, and cumin. Mash everything with a fork, and continue stirring and mashing until the mixture is creamy—season to taste with salt
- Transfer to a serving bowl and sprinkle with smoked paprika and chopped parsley to garnish.
Calories: 154kcalCarbohydrates: 12gProtein: 5gFat: 10g
Tried this recipe?Let us know how it was!